Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Q45 – Quilt - Hydra

Evening,

One never knows what one may find hidden in the recesses of the old and many databases tucked away on one’s PC. I’m just amazed. Tonight I just found a picture of a quilt we designed and completed in 2000. The quilt was named Hydra and it was donated to the organization Art For Life.


Hydra was made to be a wall-hanging and from what I understand it was sold at auction and is a part of a collection. I found my specification file as well and we can approximate that the final quilt was about 76” (193 cms.) wide and 58” (147 cms.) in length. The quilt is made up of six colored fabrics: yellow; orange; red; purple; blue; and green; and it includes black and white. There are a total of 822 – 2 ½” squares; 136 – 2 ¾” triangles; and 10 mini-triangles.

As a side, I did notice one thing about the Hydra hanging. The wooden dowel used at the top of the quilt is the same dowel that I bought on that day in February when I was involved in the car accident. Funny, what’s at times hidden in an image in a folder in the recesses of one’s PC.

To see previously posted quilts, there is a visual grid presentation at the bottom of my Blog page. Move your cursor over any mini-picture found there and click to see an enlargement. Move your cursor to the "Q#" link to see the quilt's details. If the quilt’s title is highlighted in yellow, it has found a home in a collection and is no longer available.

Please let me know if anything on the Blogsite does to properly work, or do what it says it is supposed to do. I’m always working to make sure there is an ease of use.

If you are interested, and would like some more information of the available quilts, regarding costs, shipping, and insurance, please get in touch with me at our Quilts SB Etsy shop.

Enjoy,

Jim and Andy

2 comments:

ldeanz said...

I remember when you showed us this one.Very eclectic. Love the site.

Jim Smith said...

Thanks, as always. I'm so looking forward the upcoming ones.