Sunday, August 29, 2010

Q62 – Christmas Quilt – Moon Racer

Evening,

Moon Racer is our final and fifth quilt of our PJs and Packages Series.


This quilt incorporates all of the fabrics I introduced in My Quip – Christmas is Coming – PJs & Packages on August 2. A further discussion of the initiation and development of this original quilt is posted in My Quip – Fuyudori and Moon Racer on August 3. And here is the final product.

The dimensions of Moon Racer are – Length – 73” (185.4 cms) by Width – 62” (157.5 cms). We used everyone of the fabrics in this quilt that we used in all of the previous four PJs and Packages quilts. The backing is a golden-beige variegated fabric and the quilting is a star pattern.

And is there a story to Moon Racer? Sort of. As Fuyudori is a Japanese word used for describing migratory birds, I was also thinking of Christmas and Santa Claus and Rudolf and flight patterns… all on a Christmas Eve. I heard, what I thought was “King Moon Racer” in the song “The Island of Misfit Toys”… and I pictured Santa Claus in his sleigh silhouetted in front of the moon racing to get all his deliveries completed. You know where I’m going. Actually King Moon Racer is a winged lion who travels the globe each night searching for unwanted toys.

The following are images of close ups and the backing.


To see previously posted quilts, there is a visual grid presentation at the bottom of the Quilts SB page. Move your cursor over any mini-picture found there and click to see an enlargement. Move your cursor to the "Q#" link to see the quilt's details. If the quilt’s title is highlighted in yellow, it has found a home in a collection and is no longer available.

Please let me know if anything on the Blog site does not properly work, or do what it says it is supposed to do. I’m always striving to make sure an ease of use.

If you are interested, and would like some more information of the available quilts, regarding costs, shipping, and insurance, please get in touch with me at our Quilts SB Etsy shop.

Je tu remercie Madame Marie, pour l'utilisation de ton boudoir.

Enjoy,

Jim and Andy



No comments: