Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Q98 – Mondrian I – Quilt

Good Day,

We have finished! Mondrian I is one beautiful quilt… and our new original addition to our Rainbow Glass Series.


Inspired by the works of Piet Mondrian and a number of stained glass window artists, we have tried to capture the idea of the sun reflecting through the many panels of glass.

Mondrian I equals 810 double beveled squares and rectangles in 30 “window panes”. Each rectangle and square is quilted individually… on a domestic sewing machine. Each pane is 13”by 13”, (33 cms by 33 cms), square. Within each pane there are 27 rectangles and squares and the dimensions of Mondrian I are: Width: 74” (188 cms) and Length: 88” (224 cms).

Here are images and closeups of Mondrian I.



And we haven’t got a clue how much thread we used… There is a lot.

Mondrian I is now enroute to the Home Machine Quilting Show which runs from May 10 to 12 at the South Towne Exposition Center in Salt Lake City, Utah.

And now we continue with our further endeavors and new quilts. You'll have to check back time and again to check up on our work and status.

If you are interested, and would like some more information of available quilts, regarding costs, shipping, and insurance, please check our Quilts SB Etsy shop.

Andy and I are moving at a steady pace with our quilt and fabric wall hanging work. Keep abreast of all updates. I have added a “Follow By Email” capability at the bottom right of each posting under The Grid. You can also become a Follower of Quilts SB. Click on the “Join this site” to follow Quilts SB. I’ve added another means to follow the images of our quilt creations via Pinterest.

Check out my new experimental format of my Blog, Quilts SB Test. Certainly would appreciate your feedback.

To see previously posted quilts, there is a visual Grid presentation at the bottom of the Quilts SB page. Move your cursor over any mini-picture found there and click to see an enlargement. Move your cursor to the "Q#" link to see the quilt's details. If the quilt’s title is highlighted in yellow or in red, it has found a home in a collection and is no longer available.

If you have any questions and/or comments please feel free to get in touch with me via email.

Enjoy,

Jim and Andy

1 comment:

The Woolery Clan said...

I am glad you didn't do the pebbling. It looks beautiful.