Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Q54 – Quilt – Rainbow Glass

Evening,

As I promised to a few of you concerned that we had slowed down, I am posting our next quilt offering to Quilts SB. It is hard to say whether this is my ultimate and “most-est” favorite, but I can honestly say it is pretty well up there.

Our next new quilt, and an original quilt, Rainbow Glass.



Can we claim complete originality? Heck no. I mentioned to and posted before that I had based the construction on Marian Eide’s stained glass window panel, Abstract 33. See my previous Quips on June 1 and June 4.

The final dimensions of Rainbow Glass are: Length – 88 ¼” (224 cms); Width – 72 ½” (184 cms). It may be considered as a full size quilt. The construction of Rainbow Glass is of various batique or batik style and different fabrics. Our quilting is in-the-ditch.

And here are the close-ups.


To see previously posted quilts, there is a visual grid presentation at the bottom of the Quilts SB page. Move your cursor over any mini-picture found there and click to see an enlargement. Move your cursor to the "Q#" link to see the quilt's details. If the quilt’s title is highlighted in yellow, it has found a home in a collection and is no longer available.

Please let me know if anything on the Blog site does not properly work, or do what it says it is supposed to do. I’m always striving to make sure an ease of use.

If you are interested, and would like some more information of the available quilts, regarding costs, shipping, and insurance, please get in touch with me at our Quilts SB Etsy shop.

Enjoy,

Jim and Andy

No comments: