Saturday, May 8, 2010

Q49 – Quilt – Altered Logs I

Afternoon,

And have we got quilts. The newest one on the block, or should I say off the block, is Altered Logs I. This is the somewhat match to Altered Logs II at Q46. But there are differences… and this is the 6th quilt of our C&N Series. Thanks to Courtney and Neil for the inspiration. All six quilts of this Series can be seen at the C&N Series page, click on the above tab, or see them in our Quilts SB Grid at the bottom of each page.


The dimensions of Altered Logs I are: Width – 59” (150 cms); Length – 72” (183 cms). Like Altered Logs II the pattern and design to Altered Logs I is that of the tried and true Log Cabin pattern. Altered Logs I has 12 erratic log cabin blocks, while Altered Logs II has nine. Altered Logs I may be considered the size of a lap quilt. Both of the Altered Logs could be used as wall hangings.

Included are some close up images. Please note the differentiation of coloring and shading due to location and lighting.


To see previously posted quilts, there is a visual grid presentation at the bottom of the Blog page. Move your cursor over any mini-picture found there and click to see an enlargement. Move your cursor to the "Q#" link to see the quilt's details. If the quilt’s title is highlighted in yellow, it has found a home in a collection and is no longer available.

Please let me know if anything on the Blog site does not properly work, or do what it says it is supposed to do. I’m always striving to make sure an ease of use.

If you are interested, and would like some more information of the available quilts, regarding costs, shipping, and insurance, please get in touch with me at our Quilts SB Etsy shop.

The next quilts on tap to be completed are the creations of our TayTow Series.

Enjoy,

Jim and Andy

No comments: