Monday, September 6, 2010

My Quip – Quilts In Progress – OP Noël Series – Do Not Answer

Morning,

I learned something a wee bit different a couple of days ago. I’ve started being bombarded by unsolicited sales and crank calls on my cell phone. It drives me up a wall, since I almost never give out my cell phone number, and there is no identifying caller name. When I checked in to see how to block unwanted calls, I will be damned if I’m going to pay out more money to have some sort of additional service added by the provider. The best answer I found was that when an unsolicited sales or crank call rings, on my cell phone, I answer it, quickly hang up and then save the offending telephone number to my Contact list. I name it “Do Not Answer”. Therefore the next time the phone rings and it originates from that offending number, I will know to ignore it. Simple, but pretty slick… for some bit of mind peace.

I have been working on some new designs for our new OP Noël Series. Noël Diptych is the first.

Noël Diptych will be presented, along with three other of our quilts at the Cypress Creek Quilter’s Guild Bi-Annual Quilt Show, As Our Garden Grows, this coming November at the University of South Florida’s Botanical Gardens. The show is Saturday, November 6th, 2010 from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. The USF Botanical Gardens is located at 12210 USF Pine Drive, Tampa, Florida.

The new OP Noël Series, all-things-being-equal, will be a combination of three thoughts. I like the idea of Op art, optical art, coupled with the geometric forms that have been present in some of our previous quilts. The third idea is the fabrics which are of a Marcus Fabrics offering called Colonial Christmas from the collection of Judie Rothermel. I was able to get the fabrics from Fabric.com.

Presently under construction is number two, which has the current label of OP Noël 2. The title has not been determined as yet. I’ve included an image of the four fabrics, all from the Colonial Christmas collection that will be incorporated into this new quilt. As a hint it will be an assembly of rectangles… and that is as far as I will reveal.

Enjoy your Labor Day,

Jim

No comments: