Monday, July 11, 2011

My Quip - Cathedral Windows In Design

Afternoon,

And here at Quilts SB we are at a continual bee-line forward. Colored Windows II as I mentioned, is on the rack.

The calibration of the new design for our Cathedral Windows is now completed. All-things-being-equal not including border(s), binding, batting, or backing it appears that the first draft has 146 pieces of fabric. Here are my scratches, albeit done in MS Excel.

Just wanted you to see that there is some sort of aberrant process that I do go through when I am designing a new quilt. But like KFC… I won’t reveal all the spices. One clue: The number 42 is a big deal.

My next step is to choose the fabrics for the first Cathedral Window Quilt/Wall Hanging.

Check out our currently available quilts at Quilts SB Etsy, especially the current Sale on our Christmas Quilts.

At least 10 new quilts are now in progress – Mondrian I and Mondrian II; Mauk II and Mauk III; NCBB; Colored Windows II; Orange Peel Indian Summer; Paul Klee 1 and Paul Keel 2; and our new Cathedral Window Series.

To see previously posted quilts, there is a visual Grid presentation at the bottom of the Quilts SB page. Move your cursor over any mini-picture found there and click to see an enlargement. Move your cursor to the "Q#" link to see the quilt's details. If the quilt’s title is highlighted in yellow or in red, it has found a home in a collection and is no longer available.

If you are interested, and would like some more information of any available quilts, regarding costs, shipping, and insurance, please check our Quilts SB Etsy Shop.

If you have any questions and/or comments please feel free to get in touch with me via email.

Enjoy,

Jim and Andy

No comments: