Saturday, August 20, 2011

My Quip - Cathedral Windows Design - Tetrishead

Afternoon,

Well I’m working on the new design and specifications of our first Cathedral Window quilt/wall hanging – Tetrishead.



At times music inspires me to create in fabric that which I would like to convey. I have always been particular to the sounds and ambiences of the Cello. I stumbled upon Zoë Keating, originally from Guelph, Ontario, Canada, and her composition, Tetrishead. Her music is as stated at Stuck Between Stationsworks well in the foreground as it does in the background…

From my inspired graphic design, I know that I will have 24 rows of fabrics. I envision for Tetrishead an interplay of shades of black, grey, and white that will give this avant garde piece some semblance of movement. Thirteen fabrics have been chosen, and now to create the juxtaposition. Should also prove interesting calculating the exact measurement for each piece set of fabric. I am being hinted that, “We do not use the metric system of measurement.”

A number of other new designs are in the make. Stay-tuned and keep checking our updates at Quilts SB.

Check out our current available quilts at Quilts SB Etsy.

To see previously posted quilts, there is a visual Grid presentation at the bottom of the Quilts SB page. Move your cursor over any mini-picture found there and click to see an enlargement. Move your cursor to the "Q#" link to see the quilt's details. If the quilt’s title is highlighted in yellow or in red, it has found a home in a collection and is no longer available.

If you are interested, and would like some more information of any available quilts, regarding costs, shipping, and insurance, please check our Quilts SB Etsy Shop.

If you have any questions and/or comments please feel free to get in touch with me via email.

Enjoy,

Jim and Andy

No comments: