Wednesday, October 26, 2011

My Quip - Civil War Re-Enactment Quilt Update #2

Good Day,

"Just a hint, please."

"Can you give me a hint of what you have finished?"

"Nope."

"But I need to see what you have accomplished so I can work on the next project…"

"So? Wait…"

And that is the conversation that you sometime hear when we are working on a new quilt project. Our collaboration is a different thing… but it works.

As I mentioned I found this site that has claimed to have a number of Civil War Era blocks. Number One block is actually made of two blocks; a Nine-Patch Block and a Snowball Block.

The name of Number Two Block, labeled CWQB #53, is beyond my grey matter or my current knowledge… It is a Sixteen-Patch Block made of triangles. I am sure that there has to be a designated name for this Block. I have found variations of the same which are named based on the position of the actual colors of the triangles. These Blocks are Charmed Block, Annie’s Choice Block, and Flying Dutchman Block.

And we have reproduced this Block eight times. Here is CWQB #53 and our construction.

 




Stay tuned to see our final design and construction, combining Blocks Number One and Number Two. You may be astounded.

We are always looking for new designs and quilt challenges. If you are interested in commissioning your quilt please contact us.

Check out our newly posted Twisted Basket and our currently available quilts at Quilts SB Etsy.

Also check out my new experimental format of my Blog, Quilts SB Test. Certainly would appreciate your feedback.

To see previously posted quilts, there is a visual Grid presentation at the bottom of the Quilts SB page. Move your cursor over any mini-picture found there and click to see an enlargement. Move your cursor to the "Q#" link to see the quilt's details. If the quilt’s title is highlighted in yellow or in red, it has found a home in a collection and is no longer available.

If you are interested, and would like some more information of available quilts, regarding costs, shipping, and insurance, please check our Quilts SB Etsy shop.

If you have any questions and/or comments please feel free to get in touch with me via email.

Enjoy,

Jim and Andy

No comments: