Monday, January 2, 2012

My Quip – The Amulet – A New Quilt Begins

Good Day,

Where in the heck did this cold weather come from? And no, before any of you reading this who reside north the 39th Parallel, I am not a wimp. The temperature has dropped, here in Tampa Bay, in the last couple of hours by about 10° F (12.2° C). AND it is getting colder!!! Yesterday, I was in shorts and barefoot. Right now I have on socks, sweater, and long pants. I’m freezing… I do not like our days of winter in the south!

And we have begun the process of a new creation; an original design inspired by the work of artist Richard Tsosie.

Our new quilt is The Amulet. Here are the cut pieces, 114 which do not include the borders or the backing. The Amulet will approximate the dimensions – Width: 72” (182.9 cms) and Length: 94” (238.8 cms). This will be about the size of a Double-size quilt.


The 114 parts of fabric are being pieced to create mirror images.

Stay-tuned to my updates.

Andy and I are moving at a steady pace with our quilt and fabric wall hanging work. Keep abreast of all updates. I have added a “Follow By Email” capability at the bottom right of each posting under The Grid. You can also become a Follower of Quilts SB. Click on the “Join this site” to follow Quilts SB.

Check out my new experimental format of my Blog, Quilts SB Test. Certainly would appreciate your feedback.

To see previously posted quilts, there is a visual Grid presentation at the bottom of the Quilts SB page. Move your cursor over any mini-picture found there and click to see an enlargement. Move your cursor to the "Q#" link to see the quilt's details. If the quilt’s title is highlighted in yellow or in red, it has found a home in a collection and is no longer available.

If you are interested, and would like some more information of available quilts, regarding costs, shipping, and insurance, please check our Quilts SB Etsy shop.

If you have any questions and/or comments please feel free to get in touch with me via email.

Enjoy,

Jim and Andy

No comments: