Saturday, May 18, 2013

My Quip – Progress Continues – Astro-Physics - Quilt

Good Day,

Work continues on our Astro-Physics project. Andy is currently working on the elaboration of the planets and stars for our eventual quilt wall hanging, as inspired by Jacqueline de Jonge’s quilt Fly Away. A combination of Jacqueline de Jonge’s piecing and Sharon Schamber’s curved piecing techniques has provided some insight how to appropriately piece curves.


Our target and reconstructed design is 15 planets and stars, four more than are included in Jacqueline’s Fly Away.


Check out the following Quilts SB links to bring up to date regarding our work on Astro-Physics. You might ask as to the time span from our beginnings of Astro-Physics, but there is definitely a method to our thread and fabric madness.

- Oct 16, 2011 My Quip – Astro-Physics – New Wall-Hanging Quilt Begins

- Oct 17, 2011 My Quip – Astro-Physics – Another Completed Piece

- Oct 20, 2011 My Quip – Astro-Physics – 16 Points

- Oct 21, 2011 My Quip – Astro-Physics – The Next Neck Adornment

- Oct 24, 2011 My Quip – Astro-Physics – Flying Goose

- Oct 29, 2011 My Quip – Astro-Physics – Star Cluster

- Nov 6, 2011 My Quip – Astro-Physics – Update and a New Direction

- Nov 19, 2011 My Quip – Caedogán Rugs – Astro-Physics Quilts 6th Star Cluster

- Dec 22, 2011 My Quip – Astro-Physics Quilt Construction Update – Christmas Quilt Sale

- Jan 2, 2012 My Quip – Another Block Completed for Astro Physics Quilt

- Jan 6, 2012 My Quip – Astro-Physics – Two More Blocks Readied

Stay tuned to our progress on our Astro-Physics... Also check back with Quilts SB to see our work on our other quilt and crochet projects.

Enjoy,

Jim and Andy

No comments: