Wednesday, June 4, 2014

My Quip – Trying To Decide – New Design Quilt and Wall Hanging – TZ1

Good Day,

It’s been almost two months minus a day since I last updated our Quilts SB site. I thought that it was about time that I start doing that right now.


Andy and I have been working on a number of pieces and we have completed and shipped some new quilts and wall hangings. For reasons, I decided to delay the announcements and the write-ups of the new ones. All of that will be explained shortly. I have been keeping updates going via emails and at our Quilts SB Facebook and Google+ pages. And there is much housekeeping to do on the blog site that I thought that today was a good day as any to start.

We’re working on a new design inspired by the works of artist and designer Tilman Zitzmann. Andy’s and my first design will be identified as TZ1. We’re right now playing with piecing to try and determine what size we would like the finished quilt and wall hanging to be. There are three possibilities.

Oh and by the way the red is just scrap material… but I am not saying that we may be influenced by the red.

We have narrowed down to three possible sizes: 1 ½” squares sewn; 1 ¾” squares sewn; and 2” squares sewn. (And note that I wrote plural, squares.)  The above top image is 1 ½”. The next are 1 ¾” and 2”, respectively.



And that’s all I am going to reveal right now.

I have some more ideas about this new endeavor that we both see this as a new progression in our learning and experimenting with fabric and the world of quilting.

Keep following us at Quilts SB for updates and our progress. Please feel free to contact us at Quilts SB.

Enjoy,

Jim and Andy

No comments: