Thursday, April 12, 2012

My Quip - Are We Sure We're In the Right Place?

Good Day,

Well the first day of the open show of MQX East is over...and my legs are tired. And my mouth is exhausted. I think I talked non-stop about our Evolution for about nine hours straight. True, it has never been said that I did not have the gift of the gab.

And I have been extremely humbled to hear and receive the positive comments and compliments about our Evolution display.

Andy was a bit confused when he asked to see one of the Chief Organizers of the Show, and Bozina, Bozo the Clown's twin sister, showed up.

I am in awe, this being our first major quilt conference, of the technical and explicit organization performed and presented by Janet-Lee and Mary and their team.

Winners were announced and prizes and ribbons awarded. Many of the quilts are certainly works of art.

Best of Show was an entry from the Solo Artist Category. The winning quilt, America, Let It Shine was created and quilted by Sherry Reynolds of Laramie, Wyoming. It is stunning, amazing, and breath-taking.

Here is her America, Let It Shine -





Will be back tomorrow.

Enjoy,

Jim

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jim!

It was pleasure to meet you today at MQX. Your Evolution Quilt Display is wonderful.
Please visit us at http://www.christianlanequilters.com
and see some of our work.

Our best, Jim and Wilma Cogliantry

Jim Smith said...

Thanks. Great talking to you.

sherry reynolds said...

Thanks so much for posting a picture of my quilt! I so wish i could have been there :(

Jim Smith said...

Sherry,

Your quilt is/was amazing. Andy and I aspire to create and construct as well as you did. Maybe we'll see you in Portland at MQX West. Our Evolution will showcase there.

Jim

Jim Smith said...

Congratulations Sherry. Your America, Let It Shine on the front cover of Quilters Newsletter, June/July Issue.