Saturday, June 23, 2012

My Quip – Yes, There are More Muffins – And Quilts and Wall Hangings

Good Day,

The latest batch of muffins were supposed to be cranberry muffins… Instead they are cranraisin muffins. I ran out of regular white flour and so I substituted 1/3 of the required with whole wheat. Made a streusel topping with brown sugar, butter, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. And now I’ve learned that I like to make the big muffins. Difference, 3 cups versus 2 cups of flour products. Final dozen, not bad… Figured I’m saving about $20.00 each time I make a batch, as compared to picking one up at a neighborhood Wifi coffee shoppe. And we can have seconds.

Our quilt and wall hanging work is progressing.

I have to keep reigning myself in regards to the number of a drafts and new designs I have on tap. Looks like we have received five new commissions, and a possibility of two more.

Here is our current Quilts SB quilts and wall hangings in progress.

  • The AmuletIn quilting stage
  • Astro-PhysicsPieced and in design
  • BlumishPieced and in design
  • Mauk IIIn construction
  • Kumquat’s LoraxIn design
  • Blue ChambrayTop completed
  • I Really Love LucyIn design
  • Who Did Desi Adore?Pieced and in construction
  • Gunta StölzIn design
  • RánIn design
  • Joseph’s CoatTop completed
  • Joseph’s Ladder PantsPieced and in design
  • Batique OM I - In construction
  • Batique OM IIIn construction
  • Civil War Re-enactment IIIn design
  • Just TreesIn design and in construction
  • Orange Peel Indian SummerTop competed
  • Hexi-AbuelitaIn design
  • Pocket Full of MiraclesIn design
  • Gran’s Reminiscences In design
  • EagleIn design

Both Blue Memories and Savanna's Memories have been delivered to their new homes. Feedback has been tremendous and thrilling.

Andy and I attended the second organizational get-together of the West Florida/Tampa Bay Studio Art Quilt Associates (SAQA) at the Westin Hotel on the Courtney Campbell Causeway last week. SAQA is a non-profit international organization whose mission is to promote the art quilt through education, exhibitions, professional development and documentation. Our next meeting will be in October 2012. If you are interested please get in touch with me for details. Check out SAQA, Studio Art Quilt Associates.

Enjoy,

Andy and Jim

No comments: