Andy and I are continuing our step-by-step progress of our new quilt and wall-hanging Elation.
|Elation - JS AB - Progress update|
We've attached Part 1 to Part 2, the pantone to the background. We've used Robert Kaufman Kona Cotton Solids which we found in both jelly rolls and fat quarter bundles.
The beige background was supposed to be four shades of beige but we ran out. If you look closely you can see that the dye-lots are actually somewhat off. Hell the effect is still a good one.
More images -
We've pieced the beige fabrics on the strips to create a sort-of basket weave-type look.
We were a bit worried at the number of seams coming together at some junctions. By trimming them we were able to get them to lay flatter...
Here are some progressive images of joining the beige background to the color pantone.
Previous postings -
My Quip – Elation – Continued Progress
January 10, 2016
My Quip - Elation - Progress and Phase 2
January 7, 2016
My Quip – Elation – The Building of Our New Quilt/Wall Hanging
January 4, 2016
My Quip – Elation – Quilt in Progress, A New Wall Hanging
December 30, 2015
Please feel free to email Andy and me at Quilts SB if you have any questions, comments, thoughts, ideas.
Jim and Andy