Friday, February 11, 2011

My Quip – Urban Oasis – Coral Steps Progress

Afternoon,

Have to make my Friday trip to the farm, Urban Oasis... They are a hydroponic farm that we joined just down the way from the house. Once a week for a season, this being the winter season, I have to head on over and pick up our share of the week’s harvest. This week: mixed lettuce, butterhead lettuce, baby arugula, bok choy, tatsoi, turnips with greens, collard greens, cabbage, scallions, and oregano… Guess what color this coming week’s meals will include?


And I thought I would provide you with a quick update of one of the five quilts we have in process. This one is Coral Steps.

Our adaptation will approximate – Width: 68” (173 cms), Length: 92” (234 cms). It is based on a design by Yoshiko Jinzenji. The two fabrics, as you can see in the image, are somewhat flowery… but I really like the way they have complemented our adaptation of Jinzenji’s original design.

You can see Yoshiko Jinzenji’s new book, Quilting Line + Color that was just published this year, 2011 in the United States. I have been a very big fan of hers and of her work for some years now. Explore her website, The Quilt World of Yoshiko Jinzenji, Message from Grass House.

Stay-tuned for progress updates. Check out our current available quilts at Quilts SB Etsy. Also scroll down any page in our Quilts SB Blog to our Grid. You will see a portfolio of all our finished quilts and wall hangings. If you have any questions and/or comments please feel free to get in touch with me via email.

Enjoy,

Jim and Andy

No comments: