Sunday, February 26, 2012

My Quip - Bloody Allergies - Joseph's Coat Update

Good Day,

It is a love/hate relationship. This time of the year is the most beautiful with the colors of new blooms, the abundance of shades; the time to feel alive… I love the expressions of Mother Nature.

And then the pollen begins! Hell, I hate this time of the year. Every time I got outside, I come back into the house with a film of pollen trigging an endless stream of nasal drip-drip-dripping, multiple sneezes to burst any sound barrier, and a constant trail of used Kleenex everywhere I turn.

I am now sitting at my PC, praising the Ø1 gods that I know where each letter and key is located on my keyboard. My eye lids are swollen from pollen irritation. And I keep saying to myself, just two more months of this, please let the days pass by quickly.

I thought you would like to see a new update of our progress on Joseph’s Coat. The quilt top is finished…and it is gorgeous.

Here are a few disclosing images.





The dimensions, at this point are: Width – 77 ¼” (196.2 cms) and Length – 87 ½” (222.2 cms). The size of Joseph’s Coat, at present, approximates the size of a Double Quilt. The top fabrics are a composition of 44 colors of the Robert Kaufman collection of Kona Cotton titled Dusty Colorstory.

If you are interested, and would like some more information of available quilts, regarding costs, shipping, and insurance, please check our Quilts SB Etsy shop.

Keep abreast of all updates. I have added a “Follow By Email” capability at the bottom right of each posting under The Grid. You can also become a Follower of Quilts SB. Click on the “Join this site” to follow Quilts SB.

I’ve added another means to follow the images of our quilt creations via Pinterest. Also check out our new Quilts SB Page on Facebook. Link over to Quilts SB and become a Fan, albeit “Like” us.

Check out my new experimental format of my Blog, Quilts SB Test. Certainly would appreciate your feedback.

To see previously posted quilts, there is a visual Grid presentation at the bottom of the Quilts SB page. Move your cursor over any mini-picture found there and click to see an enlargement. Move your cursor to the "Q#" link to see the quilt's details. If the quilt’s title is highlighted in yellow or in red, it has found a home in a collection and is no longer available.

If you have any questions and/or comments please feel free to get in touch with me via email.

Enjoy,

Jim and Andy

No comments: