Sunday, February 5, 2012

My Quip - Quilts SB Update - We Are NOT Busy!

Good Morning,

It is that update time again at Quilts SB… Just a spare minute to note down and bring you up-to-date on what Andy and I are working.

Since the beginning of January we have accomplished much more than we thought we had, and at times it is a wee bit mind boggling.

Three Quilts have been finished; Civil War Re-Enactment I (or CWR I), Dogwood Steps, and Blue Diamonds. Check out their Postings. We are truly amazed.

Dogwood Steps has reached its new home in New York and the new owner is thrilled with the composition and achievement.

Blue Diamonds has been submitted for entry in the category Wallhanging Large – Art at the Machine Quilters Exhibition, MQX East 2012 in Providence, Rhode Island. We are waiting to hear if it is accepted as a finalist.

The Happy Bug Quilt has been embroidered and I have designed the quilting pattern to complete the construction. Once it is completed, it will be traveling to its new home.

Andy has finished all 15 blocks for Astro-Physics. This design will be our adaptation of Jacqueline de Jonge Fly Away.

The Amulet top has been completed and we are making a few modifications. It is definitely in queue.

I have decided on a quilting matrix for Mondrain I. It should be making its way to the rack shortly. This quilt will be a part of our Rainbow Series.

Tampa Lightning top has been completed, and if we can be so bold, it is going to be a gorgeous quilt.

Two new quilt projects are on the way. The first, The All Blue Quilt, that is comprised of varying shades of blue. It is based on and inspired by a Kimberly Einmo design. The second, Joseph’s Coat is our adaptation of Kaffe Fassett’s X-Factor. Our design will have 44 colors and fabrics without any pattern. Both should prove interesting. The above inserted image is of scraps for Joseph's Coat.

Mauk II is still under construction. It is the next quilt in our Escher Series.

I am still working on the design to our next Bargello Quilt – Rán. My initial drafts have been completed and now I have to deconstruct my actual design to calculate the appropriate parts, albeit fabric cuts.

Work is continuing on my adaptation and inspiration of Gunta Stölz's 1928 Jacquard weaving 5 Chöre. This should prove interesting, as well as challenging.

And then of course, there is the work to be done on our MQX 2012 Exhibit “Evolution”. If you get a chance, and are in Providence, Rhode Island in April, stop in at the Convention Center for a visit.

And lastly, but not finally, I am pondering the new design of a new quilt, Kumquat. Definitely stay tuned for this one.

If you are interested, and would like some more information of available quilts, regarding costs, shipping, and insurance, please check our Quilts SB Etsy shop.

Andy and I are moving at a steady pace with our quilt and fabric wall hanging work. Keep abreast of all updates. I have added a “Follow By Email” capability at the bottom right of each posting under The Grid. You can also become a Follower of Quilts SB. Click on the “Join this site” to follow Quilts SB.

I’ve added another means to follow the images of our quilt creations via Pinterest. Also check out our new Quilts SB Page on Facebook. Link over to Quilts SB and become a Fan, albeit “Like” us.

Check out my new experimental format of my Blog, Quilts SB Test. Certainly would appreciate your feedback.

To see previously posted quilts, there is a visual Grid presentation at the bottom of the Quilts SB page. Move your cursor over any mini-picture found there and click to see an enlargement. Move your cursor to the "Q#" link to see the quilt's details. If the quilt’s title is highlighted in yellow or in red, it has found a home in a collection and is no longer available.

If you have any questions and/or comments please feel free to get in touch with me via email.

I'm not sure if I have missed any, but enjoy,

Jim and Andy

No comments: