Wednesday, October 22, 2014

My Quip - NT Celebration – Top Completed – Progress Update

Good,

The top of Andy’s and my new king size quilt project, NT Celebration, has been completed. Right now our NT Celebration is 101” (256.5 cms) wide and 113” (287 cms) long.


The following are what we were requested in order to produce this king size quilt.

  • Please use fabrics from my own, my husband’s, and my mother’s gently used shirts.
  • We would like to use the main colors of red, white, and blue.
  • We would like to have a separate but merging effect of the colors.
  • We would like it to have a somewhat patriotic attitude.

Sure, we said. We can try. I had an idea.


And with CorelDraw X7 I translated and drafted my initial designs.


Next was the application of the three key colors, red, white and blue.


The provided fabrics were all cut into 4 ½” and 2 ½” squares.

Check out our previous thoughts and post in Quilts SB at –

My Quip – NT Celebration – A New Quilt in Progress

And the top has been completed. Here are a few images –













Next are the choice of backing and the style of quilting.

Follow our progress at Quilts SB. If you have any questions, thoughts, ideas, please feel free to contact us via email at Quilts SB.

Enjoy,

Jim and Andy

No comments: