Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My Quip – Quilts In Progress – New Rainbow Glass Quilt - Preview

Evening,

I thought that I would introduce you to a portion of our newest quilt design and effort. The final quilt will be one that we will title “Rainbow Glass”.

Most recently we have been working on a couple of new series, one of which has been based on Frank Lloyd Wright’s work and stained glass designs and elements. I peruse the Internet at times and in one search I came upon the web site “Glass By Design”. In a review of the work, I was very taken by one of their stained and leaded glass panels, “Abstract 33”. I immediately thought that I would like to reproduce the similar concept in fabric and create a quilt.

I contacted Marian Eide at Glass by Design, in Bryan, Texas, and asked if I could use the design of “Abstract 33”. Marian was very considerate and has allowed us to use their design to create our quilt. You can link to their website by clicking on Glass by Design.

I am thrilled with our new quilt and it will include, excluding the backing, 34 different fabrics. You can count 28 fabrics in the sample image. There will be six panels and the final quilt will be somewhere in the vicinity of 84” long and 70” wide.

We are very excited about this quilt and we have progressed along at a very quick rate. Stay tuned.

Enjoy,

Jim

No comments: