Friday, October 11, 2013

My Quip - Quilting Still Continues - Some New Ideas

Good Day,

Andy and I are currently working on the new designs for three new quilts: The Bird Cage, The Party's Over, and GPS.

Of course this doesn't mean that we have stopped working on just a few other quilt projects. Tampa Kaleidoscope is currently on our longarm machine.



The Bird Cage is based on JG's photographs and his construction of some extraordinary bird houses.

The Party's Over is a new art quilt that we are going to try. I am using a piece of "art" that I created for an art class that I taught some years ago.  The piece was Ladies on Boardwalk. I'm still trying to remember and figure out of who was the artist that I copied.. This one should be an interesting construction and journey. I am going to use, I believe, a technique that I used that many years ago and thank you Kathy Wiggins for tripping that memory.

GPS is a possible inspiration of the art of Gustav Klimt.

Who knows where these will lead? Details to follow on Quilts SB, when I get my PC back.

Our current project list is in order of our priorities. "C" means that that area is completed, and a percentage is the degree of completion. A blank space translates to "We haven't got there yet."

Quilt
Design
Fabric Chosen
Top
Border
Back
Quilting Design
Blumish Two - Completed -
C
C
C
C
C
C
Tampa Kaleidoscope -
C
C
C
C
C
75%
Astro Physics -
C
C
C
C
The Amulet -
C
C
C
C
C
Blumish One -
C
C
C
Equality -
C
C
C
C
Warhol's Marilyn -
50%
BW 1950 -
C
BW 2010 -
C
Joseph's Coat -
C
C
C
C
Joseph's Pants -
50%
The Party's Over -
75%
Orange Peel Indian Summer -
C
C
C
Batique OM -
75%
Damask -
50%
Hummingbird -
C
C
C
Native American -
50%
Rán -
50%
The Bird Cage -
75%
The Eagle -
C
50%
Trees -
50%
50%
Mauk II -
C
C
Civil War Re-Enactment II -
25%
C
GPS -
25%
C

Our Blumish Two along with our Cosmo's Moon are both on display this weekend at the MQX Quilt Festival - Pacific Northwest in Portland, Oregon. All-things-being-equal when I get my PC, which has all my data storage, back I will posting and display our final presentation of our Blumish Two. This one turned out much better than we expected and we are pleased at the final results.

Enjoy,

Jim and Andy

No comments: